PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE: To attain a highly responsible and challenging position of network, systems and security or voice over IP administrator.
Bachelor in Computing, University of Greenwich, 2010
I obtained Grade 2:1.
• 6+ years of experience in Linux Server (CENTOS) administration as System Administrator with Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Background includes hands-on experience with multi-platform Operating System.
• Experience in Windows SERVER installation and configuration, upgrade, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, Security and auditing.
• Production Experience in administering Windows NT/2000/2003/Linux Servers.
• Support and maintain Active Directory replication, creating standard process for group policy deployment, Active Directory users and group’s management, implementation and administration of DNS, DHCP and WINS. Basic knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies.
• Created and managed OU (Organizational Units) and group policy.
• Installed, configured, administered and supported Microsoft Server 2000 and 2003, Exchange, switches and routers.
• Quality assurance and system testing, Configured, installed, and managed all network devices and application servers, including Microsoft software, Linux, routers, backup solutions, database products.
• Work with Active Directory issues such as: logon failures, account lockouts, network connectivity, DNS and WINS name resolution, authentication problems, DFS links and replication issues, folder and printer permissions, etc.
• Supported, maintained monitored, diagnosed and repaired WAN infrastructure consisting of servers, gateways, firewalls, routers, switches and WAN links.
• Involve in system Performance, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Provided system integration, network diagnosis, Scripting, web design and configuration and then recommended solutions to fit the client s needs
• Configured, installed, and managed all network devices and application servers.
• Assisted in management and configuration of more than 250 workstations and 40 servers.
TECHNICAL SKILL SUMMARY
Operating System Windows NT, Windows 2000/2003, Red Hat Linux, Centos, Fedora Core.
Applications Firewalls, Ms Access, FTP clients application, MS Sql 2005, Visual Studio, Text Pad Editors, A+ Editor, VMware Infrastructure.
Network and System Tools Network Diagnostic tools, lookup, Bandwidth Monitor, IP filter, System Monitor tools, MRTG, Nagios, RDP tools, VNC Server/client, TeamViewer, Management console, Scheduler, Network Optimizer, Security tools etc.
System Administration Active Directory Management, DNS, DHCP, POP, SMTP, Security/Group Policies, Disk MGMT, User Profiles, etc in windows platform and sound knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting various Linux servers and services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS, Mail Servers, FTP, Apache, Samba, IPTABLES and most Linux services.
Networking Simple LAN, Segmented LANs, WAN, WLAN, P2P wireless Network Device configuration, Configuration of Layer 2 Switches with VLANs, and Routers with basic network services, Voice Over IP services.
Programming C#, Java, Visual Basic, PHP, Basic Linux shell scripting.
Voice Over IP Various Soft switches and VoIP routing, Sound knowledge of VoIP Switch, MERA Transit VoIP Switch, Asterisk, customization and automation and configuration and installation of ATAs.
Database MySQL, MS Sql, MS Access
• Red hat Linux (RHCE Course)
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Course Completed)
• Advanced Diploma in Computer Hardware & Networking
• Diploma in Web Programming & E-commerce
• HTML and Web Designing Course.
Projects involved with:
• Asterisk Installation for VoIP companies.
• Mail Server installation and configuration (iRedmail, squirrel mail, round cube mail, Qmail toaster and admin).
• Server configuration (VoIP switch, MVTS)
• FREE PBX (Installation and configuration of free PBX on Asterisk server.)
• ZABBIX/NAGIOS (Monitoring tool, installation and configuration.)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE [PAST]
GIGA NET COMMUNICATIONS PVT LTD. March 2010 – March 2011
JR. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Giga Net Communications Ltd. is a wholesale and retail Voice over IP service provider based in United Kingdom. The major operations of this company are to manage and monitor applications and servers on a daily basis. Managing various Linux servers, services, troubleshooting network and system errors, documenting logs are the major highlights of this project and provide support and consultancy to national as well as international businesses.
• Responsible for local-area networks (LAN), wide-area networks (WAN), network segments, and Internet and intranet based applications.
• Maintain Network efficiency. Routine backup and recovery.
• Understanding of TCP/IP and Voice Over IP routing fundamentals
• Demonstrated network security knowledge
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of various network services in Linux Environment.
• Strong familiarity and experience with VMware.
• Experienced with database administration on SQL Server 2000/2005 & MySQL.
• Flexibly worked in a 24/7/365 environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under little guidance and working in a team environment that operates in a dynamic high-stress environment
• Maintained network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure high availability.
• Used 3rd Party Networking and performance monitoring tools like Bandwidth Monitoring, Performance Monitoring and System Monitoring.
• Designed and Implemented Mail Server, Web Servers and FTP Servers and a level of Security on Centos 5.4 Operating System.
• Used Remote Desktop support tools to actively monitoring Servers and workstations.
• Windows Server and Database Administration and Upgrades.
• Backup Job Administration, File and Directory Restores from Backup Server System Upgrades, Migrations, Backups and Recoveries.
• Assist and Report to Senior System Administrators on a daily basis.
• Patch and Upgrade Management for Servers and Workstations.
• Group Policy Development and Administration and support.
• Experienced in file system security, registry settings local policies, Domain Policies, and operating systems services.
IP SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED July 2005 – Jan 2006
IT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
IP Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a national leader in enterprise communications systems, applications, and services in Nepal and also outsourcing and contact center for major businesses in the United States. In this project, major responsibility was to maintain system and network by monitoring system on a daily basis. Managing active directory users and computers, identifying network issues and authentication problems on users end, providing technical assistance to users and supporting and assisting System administrator on various System administration tasks was the major highlights in this job.
• Maintain, monitor and ensure high availability of the contact center dialer servers, workstations for use.
• Assisted and worked with a team of IT staffs for high productivity and efficient jobs.
• Monitored and handled the shift solely for the whole contact centers VoIP and Data network and Security.
• Maintained a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure.
• Administered Windows 2000/2003 servers and applied hot fixes as necessary according to specifications.
• Internet Access control to user agents based on groups with use of Linux Squid Proxy Server.
• Configure Backup, Restore and Troubleshooting of Routers, Dialers.
• Maintenance, configuring and troubleshooting various application servers like Mail Servers, Proxy Servers and DHCP servers.
• Document and maintain existing server and backup documentation and produce additional procedures as necessary to enhance the efficiency, accuracy and reliability of server and data backup and restores for company clients.
• Secured Servers by disabling all the unwanted user access, service and protocols.
Installation, configuration and maintenance of servers through remote login and security patches.
• Administered computers and users in the Active Directory and Created Group Polices for Forest, Domain and OU levels.
Full Time (Fully flexible)
I am happy to supply these on requests.